Google Adsense

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chronicles of Summertime: Day 27

Day 27:
Today was a kind of relaxing day to try and recover from all the family fun we've been having. We stayed home all day and it stormed on and off anyway. One thing I did was find an old story reader when I was sorting through some things in my closet. I let Snugglepuppy play with it and as it turns out, the 2 books I have for it are some of his favorites, Spongebob and Dora. He had fun with that, especially Dora because it is a sing-a-long and comes with a microphone. He liked hearing his own voice on the speaker.


Also, he came with me to the basement when I did laundry and we played some basketball and throwing ball pit balls at each other. I also played a little Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii. Snugglepuppy played some on the iPad. He loves his PBS Kids app where he can watch clips from some of their shows. While we have never watched SuperWHY on TV, he really loves that one. I was watching him today and they were saying the alphabet and then stopping and asking what letter comes next. Snugglepuppy did very well answering those! He asks for that show by name now, so I guess I will start recording it on the DVR.

Before bed, I got out one of my Dr. Seuss kits, The Cat in the Hat. It was Snugglepuppy's first time reading it. He had seen the plush Cat in the Hat and picked it up to play with today, so I thought it would be a good idea to read it. Most of the things in the bag are from Target dollar section. After we read the book, I had him try to write the word cat on the dry erase board. He did ok for the first time.


After that, time for bed. I hope he can sleep through any more storms we might have tonight.



0 comments:

Post a Comment