Google Adsense

Monday, June 18, 2012

Neon Worm Picnic- Sensory Play



I have been wanting to do this activity that I found over at Tutus & Tea Parties for quite some time now: Colored Spaghetti Sensory Play. There is a great video over there that shows exactly how to color the spaghetti as well. 

Well, here is how our colored spaghetti "worms" as I call them, turned out.

But, we decided to do ours more of a picnic style. I got out some of L's picnic set and some other cereal bowls and a spaghetti scoop.

Here he is serving me up some yummy spaghetti! Although the tongs would have worked better than a spatula, I wanted him to figure that out on his own.

Digging right in!





I set up a sorting station as well, but L wasn't too interested in this. Although I have seen him sort colored blocks before, I did this one on my own.

L really enjoyed this one. It is the longest I have seen him stay at one sensory bin recently. I hope the noodles stay good for a while in the ziplock freezer bag so we can keep using them!