This week, we finally made the ocean sensory bin with jello that I have been planning forever! There were a few fails on my part though that made it not turn out as planned, but we still had fun anyway and that's all that counts.
First of all, I had to use 8 boxes of jello and it still only turned out to be this much. I waited too long to add the sea animals and therefore it messed up the smoothness of the top (to give it the appearance of water).
Here is one of our sharks. Also, I tried putting these flat plastic glow-in-the-dark fish in, but not realizing that it would be very difficult to get enough light to them to make them glow once the jello set. But it's ok because we decided to take this messy project outside anyway.
He was a little tentative to put his hands in at first.
Then I showed him that he could eat it.
That really got him going and that's pretty much all he wanted to do after that.
We had a fun, messy time.
I finally got him to dig out some of the fish and he started making a pile of them on the bench, so I got him a bowl to collect them in.
Here's little man all jello-ed up!
Here is the aftermath!
Afterwards, we used the jello boxes to build with!
Enjoy and happy jello-ing :)