Google Adsense

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Storytime Sunday:Fall Leaves

Lots of changes are coming to Preschool Teacher blog! First of all, I've purchased a domain name: cacheymama.com! I am so excited! Right now I am just redirecting to the blog, but eventually I may make a website as a HQ for everything Cacheymama like the blog, my etsy shop, geocaching, etc. Also, my Etsy Banner is done thanks to Kampie Mana. It is displayed at the top of this blog, so please click and check it out!!! Also, Kampie Mana is working on the new design for Preschool Teacher blog. She is a wonderful artist, so please get in touch with her for custom graphics and designs!

Ok, on to storytime! Well, it may not be fall yet, but it won't be long until those leaves start to change and fall. So, here are some books about leaves!

This book is great! It shows leaf animals you can make for an art project. It goes into detail about many artistic concepts in a child-friendly way such as size, shape, contrasting colors, edges, and layering. It is more than a craft because it teaches the kids how to think about the art they make and what types of media they want to use and make their own choices about how they want it to look. It also talks about other projects you can do with leaves and the life cycle of a leaf. 

It tells about different seasons.


There is a field guide in the back to help the children identify leaves they find. Great science activity!

Here are a couple other fall leaf books I love:



HAPPY READING!


3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before. It looks LOVELY and perfect for Fall! I just added it to my library list. Congrats on purchasing your domain name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post on my blog! These books are great!! Very cute blog!!

    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete